Monday, February 21, 2011

What is in a name?

Plump Pears - I guess I should share a little about my name. While on one hand, it is fairly obvious, but on the other, it may not be.

Plump Pears - while to me personifies the luscious, tantalizing ripe fruit, ready be eaten and dripping with flavour, it is also a little bit of me too. Although, I wouldn't exactly describe myself as luscious & tantalizing, let me explain. According to the online dictionary that I accessed for this, the definition of Plump is:

Plump (adjective) having a full rounded shape: the berries were plump & sweet, (of a person) rather fat.

As for the Pear, well, we all know what a pear is, but just to be consistent:

Pear (noun) a sweet yellowish-or brownish-green edible fruit which is narrow at the stalk and wider towards the base

Well, that is me too.  What do I mean by that?


Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)


The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[1] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, robust thighs, and a small(er) bosom.

So there you have it. Wait, you haven't figured it yet, I think of myself as a little bit "pleasantly plump" Why wouldn't I be? I LOVE FOOD! I believe in moderation, but I enjoy food. I am all about butter and cream and cheese and all of that wonderfully tasty stuff that is, yes, full fat. Yes, I do like to find the more calorie friendly version of cooking, but if it is going to change the flavour...no thank you! Yes I know, my macaroni & cheese is probably about 1,500 calories per serving, but oh that decadent cheese, why cut corners? (recipe to come soon, I promise!) Just don't eat it every week. It is for that reason, that my dream of one day having a body like Jennifer Aniston will never happen, but in the meantime, I am working on embracing my 'junk' and feel in pretty good company with the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Kristin Davis and Shakira, now if only I could hire celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment