Friday, September 16, 2011

The pleasure of gluttony

Sometimes it is not about what I make, but about what I eat. I would never dare to prepare this at home but it was oh so delicious! I will preface this by saying that despite the fact that I shared this with my girlfriend, I still couldn't finish my half!

I found myself at The Counter at The Thompson Hotel this week where my AWESOME waiter recommended the double grilled cheese burger. Yes you heard it, that is 2 grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun, plus the burger, bacon and all the toppings.

Look at that cheese oozing out of that burger and the generous strips of bacon! So delicious. I would have preferred my burger to not have been so well done, I am a medium-rare girl myself but I understand that restaurants can't serve their burgers that way, but it was still fantastic. I loved that the grilled cheese was a combination of cheeses as well and that they were not at all chintzy.  However, if you choose to order this crazy burger, you have to ask for it. While it is a regular part of the menu, you won't see it printed on the menu.

Ok, so I know your arteries are beginning to clog, but it didn't stop there. That's right, if a double grilled cheese burger wasn't enough, we also ordered the rings & fries combo with chipotle mayo. Ok, so I am a sucker for a good onion ring. French fries I can do without, and these onion rings are fantastic! Not your traditional batter, super crispy, not greasy at all and with a sprinkle of salt...perfection! As for the fries, not bad. I like my fries crispy but not too crunchy. I was worried when the basket appeared that they would be too "potatoey" but no. They had substance and were definitely crispy.
All in all, it was hilarious lunch. Here were 2 girls sharing this enormous lunch, laughing at the fact that we even ordered it, but enjoying every bite. Should you choose to try it, definitely share it, maybe even 3 ways. I still couldn't finish my half, and then couldn't eat for the rest of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment