It takes about 10 mins to assemble, and then 30 mins to cook, and it is fabulous!! As an appetizer, or a side with salad or steak. Hope you enjoy!!
150 g puff pastry, thawed
4 ripe tomato, sliced into rounds
3/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup nicoise olives (optional)
1/4 cup fresh roughly chopped basil
1/4 cup olive oil
Fresh ground pepper
- Roll the puff pastry out into your desired shape, square, rectangle or circle. Fold the edge over once to create a small lip
- Lay out tomato slices around on the puff pastry side by side filling the the tart
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the entire tart, followed by the olives and then the basil.
- Drizzle the olive oil over top of the tart and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 mins or until the crust is a nice golden brown
For example, pear & blue cheese, asparagus and brie cheese, caramelized onions with...just about anything. Have fun with it, sweet or savoury. Enjoy!