1 head boston/butter lettuce
2 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts (Scallopini style/cut thin)
6-8 slices organic bacon
2 cobbs of corn or 1-1/2 cups frozen or canned
1 avocado, cut into cubes
1 full tomato, cut into cubes
1/2 cup blue cheese (I like Roquefort)
1 cucumber (which I actually didn't include this time)
4 hard-boiled organic eggs
1/4 cup nicoise olives (optional)
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp chopped chives
salt & pepper
- Cook your bacon until it is crispy. Once it has cooled, break them into pieces and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5-10 mins to make them extra crispy and set aside.
- On med-high heat, cook the chicken breasts in the leftover bacon grease until cooked. Allow them to cool and then set aside.
- If you are using fresh corn, remove cut it away from the cobb and steam. I cut my corn directly onto a tea towel to keep if from rolling off the cutting board and onto the floor
- To assemble the salad, lay out the lettuce onto a dish. Then in sections, lay each of the ingredients. If your plate is circular, lay them out on top of the lettuce like individual pie slices (as I have done), if your dish is square or rectangular, lay the ingredients in rows.
- Drizzle with your salad dressing